So back in the day, the thunderpack could carry enough rocket fuel to travel for approximately 30-40 seconds. Well, there is now a firm in California who has doubled flight time and is making it available to the general public for a whopping $98,000.Okay, first off, is this really a huge accomplishment? So you can strap one of those on your back and travel 3600 feet down the road for 75 seconds instead of 1700 feet in 40 seconds. Why can't we travel 10 miles in 75 seconds? Now that would be an accomplishment!
But let's think about this. According to the specs on the website the pack weighs 80 lbs without the fuel. So if you can actually lift it with the fuel, how long will it take to strap it to your back? And how long until your back breaks? Is it possible to take off while laying down because I certainly don't see how I could stand up!
And what happens once you are to your destination with no more fuel and no way to get home? Do you have to walk back lugging that thing the whole way? Where's the fun in that?
Well, for $98,000 I think that I will hold off on purchasing one of these. But for any of you who would love to have one, they will be available on August 1, 2008 and can be shipped to you in 120 days! Now that's service!
No comments:
Post a Comment