January 30, 2008

Save the shoes!

So Sunday night I borrowed some boxes from my sister and was hauling them down to my basement to store until I move. I was still in my skirt and heels which was probably not the best attire to be hauling boxes in. I couldn't really see in front of me, but I was carefully trying to make my way down the stairs when

CRASH, BAM, BOOM....Splat!

Next thing I knew I was on my hands and knees at the bottom of the stairs with boxes scattered all around me.

It actually took me a few seconds to realize what had happened. Then I slowly stood up, gathered the boxes and put them away, then made my way back upstairs. My knees were hurting and I knew they'd be bruised if not swollen, but the first thing I did after walking back upstairs was head for the shoe polish. The toes of my shoes were incredibly scuffed and I was having none of that!

My knees probably should have been iced. Four days later they are still sore and bruised and I can hardly kneel. But hey...at least I saved my shoes!

No comments: