But then along came the Twilight Series. I had a friend who recommended that I read Twilight. A year ago I had never heard of this book and I had no idea that it was even a series. I decided to go check it out from the library and I was shocked to see that it had about 100 holds. So, I put it off for a year. Finally, this past Christmas I decided to put it on my Christmas list and I got it.Last week I picked it up. I really had no idea what to expect, so I opened to the first page and I read. And I continued to read. I could not put the book down! You know when you go to a theatre and you are watching this movie that is so intense that you are literally on the edge of your seat? That is how this book was. Sometimes I found myself flipping forward a few pages just to make sure nobody died because I couldn't stand the suspense. I finished the book in three days.
Then I came to a dilemma. I didn't have books 2 or 3. I thought about buying them, but they aren't available in paperback yet and I didn't want to spend the money for the hardback copies considering I have the first book in paperback. I told my supervisor at work about my dilemma. She owns all three of the books so she was kind enough to let me borrow 2 & 3. I started reading book 2 (New Moon) on Tuesday at lunchtime. I finished it Thursday morning. I would have finished it Wednesday night had I not gone to Institute. And I really need to thank my friend for making me put the book down and go to class. All I wanted to do was READ THE BOOK!
I am in the process of finishing the 3rd book (Eclipse). I'm not going to give a review of the books, but I will say this much: the story is a teenage romance, and there were so many vivid descriptions about the romance that sometimes I felt weird reading it (a grown adult reading about two teenagers making out...yeah, weird). But the rest of it was so intertwined with suspense and intrigue that it was nearly impossible to put down! If you don't believe me, just pick the book up and see what happens.
Needless to say, I have found myself being one of those obsessed people that I can't stand. And quite honestly, I was upset with myself over it. And even though those books are fantastic, I still don't plan on reading Harry Potter anytime soon. I think it's best for me to stay away from it or I may never eat, sleep, or work again.
No comments:
Post a Comment