January 23, 2008

Comfy Living...

For the past 3 weeks my friend and I have been trying to find a new place to live and throughout this process, I have learned a few things:

1 - Apartment rates go up faster than my raises do.

2 - When an apartment complex advertises their complex at a certain price, they don't actually mean that price. That's just the "base" price before they tack on all the extra "fees".

3 - Water, sewer, trash and parking are no longer included in the rent. These are the "fees" referred to above.

4 - With what I get paid and with the way the housing market is right now, I will never be able to afford a house or rent a place that is larger and more stable than my car.

It has been quite a long and discouraging (and sometimes frustrating) process. It would be nice to have it over with. But, we still don't have a place to live, so the search continues...

No comments: