January 11, 2008

A New Beginning...And a New Name

So I am starting a new blog so that I can be "cool" like all of my other friends. I have debated about this for awhile, but finally thought...what the heck! I laugh my guts out when I read my friends blogs so I thought I'd give it a whirl...not that I'm even remotely as funny as my friends though.

Before I get ahead of myself, let me quickly explain the name Cambu. I'm sure you already figured out that I am Cambu. What you probably don't know, is how I got that name. Back in college a couple of my friends and I were going through this HUGE Star Wars phase. One day one of my friends thought it would be fun if we all had our own Star Wars name. So he told us how to do it and after that we went around calling each other by those names. My name seemed to stick. I still have friends who call me that, and I call myself that when I send them emails. I love it.

If you are interested in finding out what your own Star Wars name is, this is how it works:

1. Take the first three letters of your first name and combine them with the first two letters of your last name. This is your first name.

2. Take the first two letters of your mother's maiden name and combine them with the first three letters of the city in which you were born. This is your last name.

So hello. I am Cambu Jomid. What's your name?

No comments: