
Last weekend I asked my sister if she wanted to go to St. George with me sometime so we could go to the temple*. It turns out that she has a music educators conference down there this weekend and so she asked if I wanted to drive down with her. Originally I couldn't go this weekend because I had plans to go to Logan. But those plans got postponed for a couple weeks, so I called her up and said "I can go!". We leave tonight and I am very excited to leave the smog of the Salt Lake Valley for a couple days!
Most of my time will most likely be spent in the hotel while she is at her conference, but I plan to swim (weather permitting), work out, read a book, and just RELAX! When she isn't in her conference we plan to do a session at the St. George temple, go out to dinner, hang with some of her friends, and whatever else we have time for.
Be sure to check back next week for a full report of our adventures!
* Item #32 on my Bucket List is to visit (and do a session in) every LDS Temple in the US. I'm starting with Utah and now I can cross St. George off my list.
4 comments:
I take it you'll be gone from work for the rest of the week? :) Have fun!
Sounds like fun! I haven't been to St George, but I have a friend there. It's supposed to be lovely! I have visted a friend in Glendale which isn't too far from St George. Pretty close to Zion isn't it? My geography of Utah is probably better than my geography of England - shameful really!
Have fun! I'll be looking out for the photos. ;o)
That sounds like a lot of fun. There are some great places to eat in St. George too! What a great weekend.
Have fun and enjoy the red rocks in St. George! The dinosaur fossils (sign near one of the exits), were found by a relative of mine!
Post a Comment