February 13, 2009

FIGHT!

For the first time since I've been riding the train to work (going on 5 years now) I witnessed my first fight. These two men got on the train and one of them was completely hammered. The other guy asked him if he was okay and all of a sudden the drunk guy started cussing up a storm and told him to stay out of his business or he was going to punch his lights out. The non-drunk guy told him they'd have at it at the next stop. The trash talking continued until another guy stepped in and told them to knock it off because there were people on the train. So the drunk guy walked farther down the train.

But don't think that stopped them. They both kept swearing (never heard the F word so much in my life) at each other and threatening to beat the crap out of the other person. Then the drunk guy walked back up and got in the other guys face and they started shoving each other around. Women started freaking out, men were trying to break them up, and people were yelling for someone to push the red emergency button. It was chaos. It only lasted a few seconds though because when someone did get a hold of the train driver on the little intercom the men looked a little anxious to get out of there.

When the train came to a stop, they both jumped off. The train driver came back to talk to them but they were already standing on the other side of the street so she called it in for the authorities to take care of and we continued on our way.

I hope I don't have to experience that again! Though I was never threatened in anyway and no punches were ever thrown, either of those men could have had some kind of weapon on them and it could have ended up a lot worse than it did. I'm thankful for the men who were willing to step in and stop it and I'm thankful for the train driver who took the situation very seriously.

4 comments:

Jess said...

That is scary!! I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Jake and Roz said...

Oh, how I miss our mornings on the trax train!

Anonymous said...

That's awful! I'm pleased to hear it didn't go any further! What is wrong with people! That must have been pretty scary!

Cammie said...

I have, on occasion, missed the Trax train. I so would have loved to see a fight go down!