February 9, 2009

Jury Duty...

I am so confused. So last month I got a jury duty questionaire sent to me in the mail I had to fill out and send back. I also had to include any conflicting dates I may have with the terms of service (March 2 - March 27). So, I got online and filled out this form. I listed that I would be moving the first week of March and hit submit. I got a message saying they would let me know if my conflicts were approved or denied. The next day I got a message saying they were approved. So I assumed that I would only have to worry about jury duty from March 9 - March 27th. They said they'd send me more information if I was to be summoned.

Yesterday I went to my parents and I picked up my mail. I had a postcard letting me know that I have been summoned. "Oh Blast!" I shouted.

Then I looked at the postcard and noticed that it is for NEXT WEEK! What on earth? Last I checked, next week was still February!

Why on earth did they say I'll be "on-call" for the entire month of march, ask for any conflicting dates during that time and then summon me for an entirely different month? I don't get it.

The good news is that next Monday is a holiday which means I'm only on call for four days! I'd say that's better than three weeks!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

and you might get an extra day of "vacation" by having to do jury duty! lol

Cammie said...

This happened to Christian a few months ago too. Thankfully he never actually had to go do anything, but calling in everynight for two weeks made it hard to plan anything.

If you do get called, I hope it's for a murder or something really juicy!!