February 25, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah...

That's pretty much all I heard last night as I was listening to President Obama's speech. He talks a good talk, but his plans stink and everything that came out of his mouth, though it sounded good, was really just a bunch of false promises. His trillion dollar stimulus plan is NOT going to help this economy. At least not in the way he hopes it will.

And why on earth did his wife get a standing ovation? Has she done something so remarkable to deserve such a thing? All he did was mention "the first lady" and everyone jumped to their feet. Why?

I have one word to sum up the entire evening:

Whatever.

(So much for trying to be supportive, eh?)

4 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

lol... I guess I'm still just praying he pulls it off...

Cammie said...

I love some good political rhetoric and feel-goodness. The shout out to Orin Hatch was also a nice touch.

Ap said...

I think that the cause of all the standing ovations was that a certain speaker of the house has hemroids or something because she was the one starting most of them every 2 min. If you noticed when she stood up she did a little wiggle. Even VP Biden was looking a little tired of it.
The signing of autographs on his way out was even more laughable.

Andrae DeHaan said...

Camille...I LOVE your use of "WHATEVER"...it has recently become one of my favorite words...and laughingly, largely due to the nation's politics! :)