January 12, 2009

Prayers....

When 2008 came to an end, I wasn't overly excited. Not that 2008 was a fantastic year or anything. It was just a reminder to me that another year had passed and I had nothing to show for it. I think I must have the most boring life on the planet. I go to work, I go home, I workout, I eat dinner, I watch TV, I never talk to anyone. It really is a thrill a minute.

This is mainly the reason why I decided to write down some goals; some things I want to accomplish this year that will actually make me feel like my life has purpose and direction. The goals I picked aren't necessarily hard or even that exciting, but I had a hope that they could at least drag me out of the rut I found myself in and make me excited about life.

It was only four days into the new year when I was sitting in church and was overcome by this feeling of excitement and joy. Where it came from, I didn't know. I was just listening to a speaker when all of a sudden the joy and excitement swelled up inside me and then I just couldn't stop smiling.

I have no idea what that means but I do believe it was an answer to my prayers and I know that no matter what this year brings, I am going to make it the best year I possibly can. I have the chance at a fresh start, a new beginning. And whatever changes may come this year, I will gladly accept them. I can already see a change within myself as well.

Sometimes, in small and unexpected ways, prayers are answered even when we don't quite know what we are praying for.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

great post. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your opening paragraph describes my life completely (apart from the not speaking to anyone, I never shut up). I think lots of people are like that though. By the time you get home from work all you feel like doing is crashing out! I don't make resolutions either, but I have decided that this year I need to motivate myself.

I really hope that this is the begining of a great year for you. I'm sure it is. Now I'm waiting for my prayers to be answered. I'll let you know when it happens! ;o)

Cammie said...

It's true!!