January 5, 2009

My 2009 Plan...

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. I never have. I can't really explain why, but I believe people make resolutions only to forget about them a month later. I've never been one to sit down and write out what I want to accomplish in a year. I just take one day at a time and do whatever I want, whenever I want. Obviously, things haven't quite worked out how I would have planned (had I actually made a plan) so this year I decided I am going to sit down and write a list of things I would like to accomplish this year. I'm calling it "My 2009 Plan".

1 - Create a healthier lifestyle. This means sticking with my Jillian Michael's program (which was pretty much forgotten the entire month of Dec.) to eat healthier and exercise my butt off. I better not look how I do now by this time next year.

2 - Read more.
I know, I know. Most of you are probably thinking that there is no way I could read more. I am always reading. I do read quite a bit. I love to read. But I still don't read nearly enough and that's partly because I watch too much TV. Which brings me to:

3 - Watch less TV. I am a TV addict. Is there a support group for that? If so, I need to join.

4 - Make a quilt. When I finished my last quilt I said "NO MORE!" It was hard, it was frustrating, it was time consuming...but it was also very rewarding. I'm giving it another go and this time I'm only giving myself one year (instead of the two that turned into three).

5 - Go on a vacation. I actually made a goal a few years ago that I would go on at least one vacation a year. Last year I didn't get one and it was one long year of constantly working!

6 - Become a more spiritual person. I feel like my life has been lacking in the spiritual department as of late. This year there are a few things I want to do to better myself spiritually: 1) actually read the Ensign every month rather than just look at the cover; 2) read my scriptures daily 3) read more church related books 4) attend the temple regularly 5) keep a journal of spiritual thoughts/impressions/promptings etc.

7 - Be more social. The year started off well, but by the middle of the summer I completely slacked off. I'm sadly learning that it's becoming easier for me to just stay home and harder for me to be social. That needs to change if I want to accomplish my next goal.

8 - Get married. Perhaps this isn't a realistic goal. Maybe I should start with a date and work my way up to marriage next year. But I figure that if I make it part of my plan this year then I have a better chance of getting somewhere (instead of nowhere which is where I've been for far too long).

So there you have it friends! I've now given you my list (though perhaps not a complete list) of goals I want to accomplish by the end of 2009. I am entrusting each of you to help me out. You can either do some of these things with me, or you can just be my motivation to keep going.

Let's see where this year takes me!

5 comments:

Katy said...

Awesome goals! Good luck with all of them.

Valerie said...

Good luck. It's good to have goals. Better to write them down, and best to share them with others who can help keep you motivated. I offeed to help Trish with her goal of exercising more and I'm willing to make you the same offer....You in for the Ice Breaker Triathlon in March. Start now...You've got plenty of time! :) I'd love to do one with you guys. (Maybe not the Ice Breaker..That one might scare you off) :)

Anonymous said...

Great goals! I'm sure you can accomplish ALL of them this year! ;)

Jake and Roz said...

ya, get married! then you can have someone take up all the space in your bed and wake you up yelling "that's what she said!" Wait, maybe that's just my marriage...

Cammie said...

Sounds like a killer year!! I bet you are off to a great start!