A few of my co-workers decided to start up a weekly open-play bowling league during our lunch break at work. Today they invited me to go along so I thought I'd check it out. Thanks to having a bowling alley on campus that only costs $1.00 per game if you have a student or faculty/staff ID card, we got in 45 minutes of exercise and had a great time in the process. Of course, I came in last, but that won't be the case every week (I hope). The scores for todays game were:
113 - Maverick
113 - Lou
112 - Bling Bling
101 - Camel*
This is an open play bowling league which means anyone can join. If you work at or near the University of Utah and want to play a friendly game of bowling, you can come play with us. We don't compete against anyone. We just take a break from work and have a little fun.
*I didn't know I had to come up with a nickname and Camel was the best I could do on such short notice. I think I want to change it though so I am open to suggestions.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Bowling is so fun! That's quite a good price too, unfortunately I'm very inconsistent in my playing. I'll start thinking of some nicknames and get back to you! :)
Wii bowling is a great way to "practice"! :)
What happened to Cambu?
K, so I'm only 1900 miles or so away from you....so you'll just have to think of me when you bowl a strike or a spare! (or play with bumpers!)
This sounds like so much fun! I need fun things to do during my lunches. Mine usually end up at home watching Gilmore Girls reruns.. possibly sneaking in a 10 min nap. I love that naps are popular again for me... :)
Wish I were there!!
Post a Comment