So, I hauled over to my parents house with Season 2 of the Gilmore Girls in tow. I walked in the door and handed the insert to her. She said "Oh thanks" and then said "Mine just seems to have some weird writing on it. Check it out."
And then she handed me this:
I think I stared at it for about 10 seconds thinking "Why does her insert have my name on it?" and then it dawned on me that it was signed by Edward Herrmann (aka: Richard Gilmore). At that point I may or may not have freaked out a little.
Edward Herrmann was a guest artist at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert and after the Friday performance she and a friend went and got a few autographs. I actually joked with her that she should have had him sign her bra. It never even crossed my mind that she would have him sign the DVD inserts.
For someone who loves the Gilmore Girls as much as I do, this was the best surprise ever! And all she asked for in return was the insert from my DVD to replace the one she gave me.
I have the greatest sister ever!
3 comments:
I'm struggling to find the words to express just how jealous I am!!! My mum, sister and I are HUGE Gilmore Girls fans! The final season finished over here about 2 weeks ago (we were very behind), and I have been lost without it! They NEED to bring this show back. Maybe we should start a campaign! My mum read that the cast members would be happy to re-unite so there's still hope!
You really do have a great sister!
Knowing your undying love of all things Gilmore, I am so happy for you! I bet you were so excited!! What a good sister!
I'm glad you liked it! I didn't actually have the inserts when I went on Friday. I said, "I should have brought my Gilmore Girls for you to sign!" He said, "Well, I'll be here for 2 more days." So, I gave the inserts to our special projects guy that hosts the guests and he got them signed. haha. Hope this doesn't put a damper on your story. :) LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment