January 5, 2009

Christmas Break Recap...

I have returned! I am so excited to finally post my first blog of 2009. I started my blog January of 2008 and in reading my blog posts from the past year, 2008 was one amazing (and often times hilarious) journey. I hope that 2009 is just as great.

I had an amazing 12 days away from work and I realized more than ever that I LOVE not having to work. Life was fun and relaxing. There was no stress in having to wake up at 5:30am to go to work, no scraping my windshield because I was up before the sun, no sitting at work bored out of my mind because there was nothing to do, and no coming home completed exhausted and feeling like a little more of my brain wasted away by staring aimlessly at a computer screen all day. Instead, I was able to:

1 - shovel close to a foot of snow off my parent's driveway on Christmas day (and if you think I looked hot before the shoveling, you should have seen me an hour later!):

2 - Spend three full days (and nights) with my parents and two of my sisters over Christmas.

3 - play with nieces and nephews:



4 - make fun of my brother as he tried the Skip-it (an old toy of mine that the grandkids play with now):



5 - go fabric shopping with my mom for material to make a new quilt.

6 - spend a day in Payson with my sister and her kids as she helped me cut all the fabric for my quilt (while listening to my 5 year old niece say to me, "You really are no good at this, are you?").

7 - do more shopping with my mom to buy more quilting supplies.

8 - crochet a scarf:


9 - complete my first block for my new quilt:


10 - do more shopping (for fun stuff unrelated to quilting).

11 - go see "Marley and Me" with my roommate (no movie review is forthcoming):


12 - go to dinner with friends visiting from New York:


13 - visit Temple Square to see the lights - even though it was snowing and well...there were no lights (I stole this picture from my sister):


14 - help my roommate paint our house.

15 - watch lots of movies and just relax.

5 comments:

PBM&C said...

Good to have you back! You crack me up Camille....

Jake and Roz said...

nothing to do at work? When does that happen? :)

Katy said...

Wow, I am seriously impressed. You fit A LOT into that break! It sounds wonderful.

What's up with no movie review?! How is that fair? Can't you at least say if you liked it or not? :-)

Anonymous said...

You did get a lot done! It sounds like you had a great time!

Cammie said...

Sounds like a lot of family fun. I love your quilt block, it's going to be a great quilt.