January 13, 2009

FTC: Great Britain

Yesterday was once again our monthly FTC meeting. One of these days I think more people are going to want to join in the fun, but for now we still only have 4 club members. We still had a great time though listening to songs by British artists and reading up on British history and enjoying some British props:


And we enjoyed a fine feast as well, consisting of: Fish 'n Chips:


Baked beans over toast, Hobnobs, Penguins, Table water crackers, and direct from England were some treats a new friend had mailed me:

Angel Delight, Marmite, and shortbread fingers


Everyone absolutely raved about the Angel Delight. It's like our chocolate pudding but light and fluffy. SO delicious! The Marmite was not quite as popular. Though two of the members enjoyed it, one did not:



And how fun that Sherlock Holmes decided to join us! I borrowed his magnifying glass to see if any of you can tell me if I have something stuck in my teeth:


Next month we are going to Greece!

5 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

I would join if I didn't have to go visit my baby every day at lunch!

Deidra said...

Marmite is horrible!

Jess said...

I always love seeing your FTC pictures! It looks like a ton of fun!

Cammie said...

I would join if I still worked there...Hey, why didn't you start this when I worked there???

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with everyone!!! Marmite is delicious!!! LOL! Ok, I'll admit that it has an acquired taste, but I love it! I accept that you've given it a fair try. You now have my permision to throw it away! ;o) Sounds like you put on a great British spread! Shame I wasn't there, that would have been really authentic! Penguins and Hobnobs are some of the greatest biscuits we have over here! Just let me know if you want more Angel Delight. The banana one is lovely!