January 30, 2009

Pranks...

I was looking through an old scrapbook of mine the other night (from my college years) and I came across a group of guys I lived by during my 2nd year of college. Looking at the pictures brought back several fun memories. Some of my very favorite memories of these guys were the pranks my roommate and I used to play on them. I thought I'd share one with all of you.

One day my roommate Stacy and I visited our neighbors, and while I was in the front room distracting them with some very intellectual conversation, she was wandering around their bedrooms looking for a house key. After a few minutes she grabbed me and said we had to go to the store. So we left and headed to the store where we made a copy of the house key she had taken from one of the guys bedrooms. Thirty minutes later we were back at their house and replaced the key. They never knew we took it.

Throughout the semester the guys would occassionally get locked out and they'd come hang at our place until one of their roommate's got home. One time this happened and Stacy said "You know, I am an expert lock picker. I can probably unlock your door for you." He basically laughed at her but dared her to try it. She went into her room, grabbed a little box of hair stuff (bobby pins, etc) and went over to their house. We both followed her but she wouldn't let him watch what she was doing. Surprisingly, he agreed to turn the other way. She got out a bobby pin, shoved it into the lock and twisted it around to make it look like she used it, then took the spare key out of the little box and unlocked the door. After she replaced the key she said "All done!" and handed the bobby pin to the guy. He was speechless. He was so impressed in fact, that he and his roommates often asked her to pick their lock whenever they got locked out. And she came through for them everytime.

One night when all the guys were out on the town, Stacy and I grabbed the key, went over to their house and proceeded to place 40 goldfish in random locations throughout their house: toilets, bathtubs, sinks, kitchen bowls, cups, etc. Then we took all their pans and hid them, put their couches on end, and spread shredded paper all over their floors. When they got home they immediately marched over to our house and demanded to know how we got in their house because they locked the door and no windows were open. We just looked at them without saying a word and then they suddenly seemed to remember that Stacy can pick locks with bobby pins. She had to help them clean it all up (somehow I got out of it). The day we all moved home for the summer, we went over to their house and gave them the spare key. They laughed and were amazed that we managed to pull that off for the entire semester.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

That is awesome!

Jess said...

That is an awesome prank! Thanks for sharing.