October 2, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

I am the happiest girl alive today! Okay, that's probably not true...but I am pretty darn happy. I just got word from my secret source that an independent studio has purchased the rights from Universal Studio to release additional seasons of Simon and Simon onto DVD!

I am a HUGE fan of Simon and Simon. Most of you probably already know that. I bought season 1 the day it was released on DVD and I have now been waiting over two years for additional seasons to be released. I have pled with both my secret source and Universal Studios to release additional seasons and have always been told that because DVD sales were so low for season 1, they would not consider releasing additional seasons. I am SO happy that they have now released the rights to someone else.

Now Season 2 will be available on February 10th!!! Let's all have a Simon and Simon party to celebrate!

We'll play the theme song over and over*:



And then we'll watch clips of our favorite Simon moments! Here's a preview to get the party started (yes, this party starts now and will continue until February 10th!)

Notice the horn that all of a sudden blares when Rick is yelling at the woman. Makes me wonder what swear word they were "trying" to cut out. ;)


To some of you, this may just seem like a super cheesy 80's TV show. But to me, it is one the best shows to have ever been on TV. That may be because I grew up with it and it holds special memories for me. Either way, you should still check it out. I have season 1 if anyone wants to borrow it. And I'll have season 2 on February 10th. :)

Happy Watching!

3 comments:

browneyedgirl said...

This will probably hurt your eyes to read but: I've never even heard of Simon and Simon! I'm glad you're excited for it!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of it either, I guess it didn't make it over the pond. I'll be sure to watch your clips and make sure I get in to it! ;)

Cambu said...

I used to run home from school every day to watch Simon and Simon and CHiPs. I just loved them so much! And still do. :)

If either of you are interested, you can watch all 13 episodes (of season 1) for free on Hulu.com. Just make sure you have a fast enough internet connection. :)