As mentioned in a previous post, I have already voted. The point of this post isn't to tell anyone who I voted for (though to give you a hint there is a 50% chance that the person I voted for will win), or to try and sway anyone to vote the way I did. The purpose of this post is to simply point out how uninformed and how ignorant many Americans are about not only the state of our country, but also about the two people who are running for President.
There are a lot of Americans who are intelligent and who follow politics and understand what is going on in the world and are therefore able to make an informed decision on who they believe will best lead this country. Even though I may not agree with them, I cannot argue with or fault them for voting their conscience.
But then there are people like this. And it's these people who make me fear for the future of this country. If people are willing to vote for a candidate simply because they look good/speak good but have absolutely NO idea what that person's policies are (or who their running mate even is), then it scares me to think where this country is headed.
So all I ask is that for those of you who have not yet voted, to please make sure you completely understand both candidates policies and voting record. This is not a popularity contest. We are not voting for the blackest/whitest person or the person who can give the best public speech. We are voting for the person who we believe will best lead this country. It's not a decision to take lightly.
Oh, and as a sidenote: If you choose not to vote at all, then you do not have the right to complain at any time during the next four years. Your vote earns you the right to speak your mind. If you don't vote, you don't speak.
Happy Voting!
*Disclaimer: The above sidenote is only the personal opinion of the author of this blog and is not a written policy contained in any of the official documents of the United States of America. Any similarity of this opinion to the opinion of any other American is strictly coincidental.
10 years ago
2 comments:
I love your disclaimer! I seem to have the same opinion as you about that sidenote.... :)
I second, or would that be third?, that sidenote!
Post a Comment