September 29, 2008

The Wisdom of Children....

I spent a bit of time on Saturday with my family where I was part in two very humorous conversations. The first was with my four year old niece:

I tickled my niece when she wasn't looking then moved away real fast so she wouldn't know it was me. She was trying to figure out who it was so she asked her mom:
"Who did that?"
Her mom: "I don't know. Could it have been your favorite aunt?"
My niece looks over at me and points. "She's not my favorite!"
Her Mom: "She's not? Then who is your favorite?"
My niece ponders this question for a second then replies "I don't have one".
Her mom: "That is a very good answer".
Just four years old and already diplomatic.

~~~~
The second story took place with my five year old niece who belongs to a different sister of mine.

Niece: Mom, I need a drink
Her mom: I'm feeding [your brother] right now so I can't get you one. Perhaps Grandpa or Aunt Camille can get you a drink.
Grandpa: No we can't. You'll have to do it yourself.
Niece: I can't reach the cups.
Me: Well, there is a hose out back you can use.
Niece: I don't want to drink out of a hose!
Grandpa: Well then, you can always get a drink out of the toilet.
Niece: Ew! Gross!
My other sister: "The water in the toilet is clean"
Niece: I am not putting my head in there!

No comments: