October 13, 2008

What's That Smell?

Last night I was in the middle of a conversation with my 12 year old niece about how she's enjoying the 7th grade when half way through her sentence she stopped, sniffed and then said "What is that smell?"

"What smell?" I replied.

My nose tends to always be on the stuffy side and so I don't usually smell things right away. She kept looking around and sniffing like a dog trying to figure it out.

"Where is that coming from?" she said.

I was still trying to figure out what exactly she was smelling when all of a sudden my 7 year old nephew popped up from behind the chair,

"Oh, I farted".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, kids! Don't you just love them!

My niece turns 2 this Friday and she is going through the picking her nose phase. When asked what she was hoping to find up her nose she once replied "potatoes"!!! ;o)