I love the fall. I love it when the leaves change color and begin to fall off the trees. I love how there is just enough chill in the air to awaken the senses and cause us to put on a sweater or jacket, but not enough to keep us indoors. And I love the rainstorms that freshen the air outside. To me, it is the perfect time of year.
So imagine my confusion when I walked into work today and saw a co-worker bundled up in a long wool coat, a hat and a scarf. The weather report said it was 49 degrees outside.
Being one who refuses to pull out the winter coat until the first major snowstorm of the year, the only thing I could think is that she must not be from around here. Because why else would you wish away the perfect time of year so quickly by pulling out the winter clothes?
Someone needs to teach her that if you pull out your winter coat too soon then it throws the earth off it's axis and the seasons get all fouled up. You don't believe me? Well, I just heard that it is supposed to snow this weekend. And I doubt it would have had she just kept her coat in the closet.
So if it really does snow this weekend, my co-worker is to blame.*
*Okay, don't blame the co-worker. It always seems to snow at least once before my birthday every year...so this is a fairly common occurance.
10 years ago
2 comments:
You've been tagged. See my blog. And this blog has to do with it.
Oh that poor person is going to FREEZE when the cold weather actually does come.
Post a Comment