This is a picture of the Boston LDS Temple from my trip back east in April 2007. This particular day two of my friends and I had walked all over Boston doing the Freedom trail.
After we finished the trail, we ended up driving over to the Boston Temple so we could do a session. We had just come from our hike around the city so we had all our temple clothes and church clothes in our bags. We walked into the foyer of the temple and asked if they had a room where we could change before we actually entered the temple. The two men at the desk talked to us a little about where we were from, what we've seen in Boston, etc. etc. After about 5 minutes of conversation, they looked us over and one of them said "We think you look fine. Why don't I just escort you to the dressing room?" We looked at him strangely (keep in mind we were in jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes and bulky winter coats) and said "What? Really? We can't go in there like this!" He said "Your clothing is respectable...no tatters or holes. We give you permission".
So in we walked and the kind gentleman escorted us to our dressing room. It felt weird, like I was breaking all the rules. But we changed and then hurried to the chapel to await our session. We were three of only six people there but it was still a lovely session and the inside of the temple was beautiful!
Oh, and just so everyone knows, we did put our skirts on when we left. ;)
I tag whoever wants to do this. It really is quite fun!
3 comments:
I've also had the chance to do a session in the Boston Temple. It was so pretty. Unfortunately I didn't get to see anything else in Boston. I had tagged along with my sisters ward in Maine for their stake temple day.
I've had a few friends do this and I love that no matter what the picture is, there is always a story. It's really cool!
That is a beautiful temple and a great picture. I loved hearing all about your trip back east, I hope to go some day... I think I'll try this picture tag.
Post a Comment