March 9, 2009

In Need of Sleep...

Here is how my weekend went:

Friday:

6:00am - wake up
7:00am - pick up parents, take them to the airport
8:00am - start packing
10:00am - 11:45am - my sister and two of her kids come. We make two trips loading and hauling boxes from the condo to the new place.
12:00 - sister and kids leave
12:30 - run errands
1:30 - 3:00 pack up more stuff at the condo. Get furniture ready to be moved
3:00 - drive over to my parents
3:30 - 5:00 vacuum and clean the couch my parents have been storing in their garage for five years
5:30pm - my brothers meet me at my parents. Load up the couch haul it to the new place
6:00 - 7:00pm - haul furniture from condo over to the new place.
7:30pm - take my dad's car back, pick up my car
8:00pm - grab dinner
8:30pm - go back to condo, load up fridge/freezer food
9:00 - 11:00pm - go back to new place. Start unpacking
11:30pm - go to sleep

This was a 15 hour day. Of those 15 hours, 13 of them were spent on my feet. They were swollen when I went to bed.

Saturday:

7:30am - wake up. Entire body aches.
7:35am - take Ibuprofen. Lay back down.
8:00am - shower
8:30am - lay down (much too stiff and tired to move around)
9:30am - get ready
10:00am - friends come over for a "top-secret" meeting re: ward talent show
11:45am - friends leave
12:00 - 1:00pm - unpack
1:00 - 2:30pm - help my sister with some school stuff
2:30 - 3:30pm - run errands
3:30 - 4:30pm - go scrub my down my old bedroom at the condo.
4:30 - 5:30pm - go grocery shopping
5:30 - 7:00pm - unpack more boxes
7:00pm - go to my friends house for a pizza/movie party
11:30pm - come home
11:30 - 12:30am - talk to my roommate
12:30am (really 1:30am due to daylight savings) - go to bed

Sunday:

All I wanted to do this day was take a nap (not counting the one I took during sacrament meeting). See how well that turned out!!

7:00am - wake up
9:00 - 12:30pm - go to church
1:00 - 2:00pm - help my roommate do her visiting teaching
2:00 - 3:00pm - run to my parents to check on the house and pick up a few things
3:00 - 4:00pm - talk to my sister on the phone
4:00 - 5:00pm - home teachers
5:00 - 6:00pm - make/eat dinner
6:00 - 7:00pm - practice song for ward talent show
7:00 - 10:00pm - REST*
10:30pm - go to bed

What I really need now is sleep. And lots of it.

*rest does not equal sleep. During this time I checked my email, wrote in my journal and just relaxed. It was the first time ALL weekend I got to do that!

3 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

don't you love weekends like that? I hate feeling like I didn't have a weekend at all...

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it! Hope you're settled in now. ;o)

Cammie said...

Good grief, I bet the time change didn't help at all either!! After all that, then you lose an hour of sleep. It's just cruel!!

I still need you to fill me in about your "new place"!!