March 29, 2009

Gone Shootin'...

Yesterday was the big day! I went shooting with my amazing friends. Before I go any further can I just tell you how much I love those guys? They are amazing! Not only did Jason invite a complete newbie to go shooting, but Marc and Eric both gave me amazing tutorials and tips on how to not only hold the gun, but also on how to shoot it. Tyler let me shoot his gun and Tandy was kind enough to take pictures/video of my amazing feat. And on top of all that, not once did any of them laugh at me! See what I mean? They are great friends!

I was so excited for this day and I had been looking forward to it ever since Jason invited me to go a couple weeks ago. I was also pretty nervous. I wasn't really nervous to shoot the gun, I think I was more nervous to look like a fool in front of the guys (and Tandy). I could be wrong here, but I think guys appreciate a girl who can hold her own with a gun and I didn't want to be the one who could barely hold the gun up! (they weigh like 400 lbs. you know!). So yeah, I was nervous.

The tutorial went great. Marc was a fantastic teacher the first go round and I hit 3 of 6 (clay pigeons). Not bad for my first try. Everyone seemed impressed I hit any at all (myself included). My second go round went good as well and Eric (Jason's brother) gave me a few more pointers on how to lean into the gun, which really helped. I hit 7 of 12 that time. In all, I hit 10 of 18.

I was very excited that I did so well for my first time. I tried so hard not to boast about it in front of everyone but I was just too excited. Shooting a gun is such a rush and my excitement just kept seeping out. My only worry when I got home that night was that I drove the guys crazy with all my talk about how good I did. None of them will probably want to go with me again.



I'm half afraid that I had what is termed "beginners luck". I say that because I really had no idea what I was doing. Next time (if there is a next time) I might not be so lucky.


But I really do want my friends to know how much fun I had with them. I really hope we get the chance to go again!

*People in pictures top to bottom: Me, Jason, Marc, Tandy, Tyler.

4 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

how fun! Glad you didn't shoot your eye out!

Cammie said...

I've never shot a gun, I'm sure I would be the worst! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Plus, your friends seem A LOT nicer/better/funner than the old crowd you used to hang out with!!

Cambu said...

Cammie, I learned on Saturday that you should never under estimate yourself! If you believe you can shoot a gun, you can!

My friends are unbelievable! I will never take their friendships for granted! They don't know the kind of "friends" I used to have, so it may not mean much when I tell them I absolutely love hanging out with them. I am so glad you get it! ;)

Jess said...

I'm glad you had some great teachers! It looks like you had tons of fun!