March 15, 2009

Creating Food...

My friend Marquelle had a birthday in February and so a few of us got together yesterday at the Cheesecake Factory for a little birthday celebration. We all got something different to eat and then passed it around and tasted each others. It was all amazing, but I have to say that I am in love with their orange chicken!

Anyway, my roommate got this plate of potatoes that was heaping over. There was no way she was going to eat them all so she decided to make her own dish. She smeared the potatoes across her plate then added a little garnish. Doesn't it just look so appetizing?


She then decided that it needed a little salad dressing "gravy". You tell me which one looks tastier?


Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the version she created when taking the carrots off my plate (with her fingers) and adding them to her creation. By that point I'm pretty sure everyone else at the table thought she was psycho. I just thought she was Mindy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very artistic!

I think I might be psycho too because I do a similar thing with my food. I'm such a fussy eater, and there are generally loads of things I don't like. In order to avoid offending the chef I try and hide bits of food underneath other bits of food so it looks like I've eaten more than I really have. I'm very skilled at this now. I've been doing it all my life.

Cammie said...

gross!!

Cambu said...

Cammie, you know you totally want it! Quit trying to act all disgusted. ;)