My sister's family is here visiting from Arkansas for a few days. I ran over to my parent's last night to pick up some mail and my mom invited me to stay and have dinner with everyone. So as I was sitting there trying to get a grasp on the realization that my 13 year old niece is now only 2 inches shorter than me and my 8 year old nephew is actually almost 10, I made the comment that they have to stop growing because the older they get, the older I get. And I refuse to get any older.
My nephew (the almost 10 one) said "I can't wait to be old."
"WHAT?" I said to him. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"
"No" he replied.
"Why on earth do you want to be old?"
"So I can babysit"
"You want to babysit?"
"Yes, I never get to babysit."
"Well, okay. I'll let you babysit me. How about that?"
"What? I can't. You are older than me!"
"Not anymore. I'm a baby" {I start talking in baby language}
"Amanda babysits me and I'm not a baby!"
"Okay fine. I'm 9. But you still have to take care of me. I need to be fed"
"I can't cook"
"So you're going to make me starve?"
"I can cook macaroni and cheese"
"Great. I'll eat that."
"Uh, nevermind"
"Nevermind what?"
"I don't want to babysit"
"Why not?"
"It's too hard"
{I double over in laughter}
"Well kid, that's what happens when you get old. Life gets hard."
Lesson learned.
10 years ago
3 comments:
Hahahahaha. True story!! :)
if they only knew...
Great story! I often wish I could be a kid again, where life is more simple.
Post a Comment