April 20, 2009

Roastin' Mallows...

How many guys does it take to build a fire? Three. And even with fire starter they couldn't do it. They blamed it on the wood.

I went up the canyon Saturday night with Jason, Tyler and Marc (talk about good odds!). Apparently, it was a GNO (Guys Night Out) + one. I told them I was happy to be one of the guys, but they wouldn't hear of it. So, I got to be the "plus one".

We spent an hour or so up there roasting mallows and building ourselves some smores (after the 30 minutes of trying to get the fire going). More people did eventually begin to show up and we had a great time sitting around the fire and socializing (and making fun of Jason wrapped in his giant purple blanket). But the fun wasn't able to last all night because the campgrounds aren't open for the summer yet and we were technically trespassing (which, we learned, is a $150 fine). The ranger came by around 8pm and booted us out.

But that didn't deter us. We packed up and headed back down the canyon to Marc's house where we built another fire and sat around and socialized until late into the evening.

All I wanted was a couple pictures with my friends and this is what I got:



But this is also the reason why I love them so much! They can always make me laugh!

No comments: