I went to a stake Family Home Evening activity last night and since I had no desire to be tethered to a strange boy for the activity, I opted out of it. Instead, I helped man the nametag/candy table with a couple other people in my ward. While we were sitting there conversing, a really cute guy we did not know walked up to us and said,
"I have a proposal to make."
I looked at him and replied, "You can make any kind of proposal you want!"
Turns out that wasn't what he meant. He actually wanted to propose that he be allowed to take the left over jelly beans home.
Not exactly the proposal I had in mind, but the look on his face was totally worth my humiliation.
~~~~
And in other news, I also met a guy by the name of "Dwight Schrute" (according to his nametag). Seeing as I think "The Office" is absolutely hilarious, I could not pass up the chance to talk to him. So when he walked up to the table I said,
"Do you think I could have a tour of your beet farm?"
"What?" he replied.
"Your beet farm. Could you take me on a tour sometime?"
{blank confused stare}
"You know...your BEET FARM!"
{lightbulb goes on in his head}
"Oh I totally get it!! That's hilarious!"
After that he kept coming back over to chat. So perhaps you should all stay tuned for proposal #2.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Bears! Beets! Battlestar Galactica!
don't forget the Bees! Oh wait, Dwight uses a "bad apiarist..."
You should ALWAYS opt IN to be be teathered to a strange boy. You never know what might happen. Also, never turn down opportunities for blind dates. I used to love those.
Good luck with Dwight, sounds like a possibility!
How sad it took Dwight SOOOOOO long to figure out what you were talking about. Hilarious!
Post a Comment