April 21, 2009

Adventures in Cooking...

My sister called me on Sunday to ask me this question:

"If my bag of rice has little worm sized puncture marks all over it, do you think it's okay to cook?"

I asked her if there were any worms in it, she didn't know because she didn't open the bag. After a few minutes of discussion, she ultimately decided to not cook that rice but instead to open another can of rice and cook that.

In the meantime, we started chatting a little about life, but I could tell she wasn't really focused on the conversation because every five minutes she interjected with something like:

"Oh gross! This rice stinks so bad!"

"What in the world? This cauliflower has rotting brown stuff all over it...and a worm."

"This chicken has a little frostbite. Will it taste bad if I cook it?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

I should call and see if she is alive today after eating that meal.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

Time to eat out!!