I bought Season One of "CHiPs" a few weeks ago and I could not stop watching it! I finished the season on Tuesday night and immediately after work on Wednesday went and bought Season Two. I used to watch this show as a little girl and in watching it again, I understand why. It is cheesy and a little predictable (I've now sat through about a dozen scenes where Ponch and Jon pull someone from a burning car and barely escape before the thing blows up), but I still think it is a good, clean family show. The shows from the past may be old and completely outdated, but they are so much better than most of the shows on TV today (not to mention they are about 8 minutes longer than show today, lasting nearly 50 minutes instead of the now-standard 42). Maybe I just feel that way because I grew up watching this show and it holds a lot of memories for me. Or maybe I just love watching Ponch and Jon on motorcycles. Whatever the reason, I really am in love with this show and I don't know what I will do with myself once I finish Season Two and have to wait for Seasons 3-6 to be released on DVD.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment