Governor who? That's the question I asked myself when I found out John McCain picked Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin for the VP slot. I have absolutely no idea who this person is. My first thought was "Did he pick her because she's a woman?" What else is there about her that would give him good reason to select such an inexperienced and fairly unknown person?
I have to be honest. I hate this election. I really don't want to vote for either candidate. Because I absolutely hated McCain at the beginning of this fiasco, I seriously considered voting for Obama. I have listened closely to him over the past few months. But the more I listen the more I realize that what he says concerns me. I have several good friends and co-workers who are voting for him. That's fine. I'm just not sure that I can do it. To me, he is just a speech. He may be able to talk the talk, but I have little faith that he can walk the walk. He hasn't done anything to show me that he is the right person for this job.
In a previous post I mentioned that I made my decision against voting for Obama because of an article about him being pro-gay. That is only one of the reasons I don't think I can vote for him. It's not that I don't like gay people (heck, I work with five of them and they are all wonderful people). It's just that I don't support gay marriage or gay families. But there are other reasons I can't support him either. And there are also reasons I can't (or don't want to) support McCain.
But if I don't vote for Obama then McCain is my only other choice. That frightens me. Sure he is well experienced in some areas, but I still don't agree with him on a lot of issues. And he's so old, I am afraid he will croak before his 4 years are up. I was hoping he'd pick a good, solid VP because then maybe that would help sway me a little more. Now he has picked someone I have never even heard of, and who I'm not sure is experienced enough to step into the role of President if the need should arise.
This is going to be a very hard election for me. I have to choose one, and I was pretty sure I had made my choice. But now I think I will have to do some research on Biden and Palin.* The choice may come down to the better of the two VP's.
If anyone has insight into this election they'd like to share, please do!
*oh, my co-worker is currently reading me Sarah Palin's qualifications and according to him, there are none! And he also just told me a wonderfully heart warming story of Joe Biden and how he lost his wife and young daughter in a car accident years ago. Sounds like he's trying to help convince me of who to vote for. ;) But I will still do my own research.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment