Yesterday we had our 2nd meeting of the Finer Things Club. In honor of the Beijing Olympics as well as in honor of our co-worker (and founding member) whose last day of work is today, we decided to experience the finer things of China. It was awesome!

We had some delicious Chinese cuisine (rice, orange chicken, spring rolls and fortune cookies*) and enjoyed the props that Amy and I brought.



Here I am trying on the teeny-tiny Chinese outfit that obviously didn't fit me:

Because I wanted to know what it was really supposed to look like, I had Amy try on the teeny-tiny chinese outfit. The really sad thing is that she wore this outfit when she was 15 and it still fits her!
*Our delicious chinese cuisine wasn't quite authentic. They don't eat orange chicken in China, though they do eat lemon chicken in abundance. Fortune cookies are also a western creation and you won't find them in China. All things learned at our meeting.
6 comments:
Love the fact that for you "Finer Things" you all either ate leftovers or micro dinners.
My goodness, things have really changed since I left. What a wonderful cultural experience!!
When you don't have an oven or stove top at work it's awfully hard to make something other than leftovers. ;) None of us had a micro dinner. The Lean Cuisine in the background was someone's who wasn't part of our club (even though we did invite her). Others still had to use the room during our club meeting.
Sounds fun Camille! Now the only question I have is what kind of rice did you eat? Was it the sticky Asian rice that could easily be eaten with chopsticks, or was it the Uncle Ben's variety that doesn't stick together at all?? I always prefer the sticky rice, there's such a difference.
We actually used both kinds of rice. But the sticky rice did definitely work the best with the chopsticks.
Post a Comment