Stephenie Meyer's new book Breaking Dawn, which is the 4th book in the Twilight Series, is being released at midnight tonight. I can't wait to read it, but I want you all to know that you will not catch me standing in line at midnight to buy it. I am not that much of a fanatic....even though I did already buy tickets for the opening night of Twilight when it comes out December 12th. UPDATE: My colleague at work finished reading this over the weekend so yesterday she brought it to work and let me borrow it. I took it home and spent last night reading. I'm only a couple hundred pages into it so far, but my initial reaction is that this book is a huge disappointment. The plot drove me crazy, the dialogue drove me crazy. The characters drove me crazy. Every time I turned the page I was saying to myself "this is so stupid!". I kept putting it down and picking it back up. It might take me longer to get through this book than it did the others, but I will save further judgement until I have finished reading it. If anyone else has read (or is reading) this book, let me know what you think (without telling me what happens). Maybe I am just way out in left field.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! Are you a vampire lover too?? What is this world coming to? First Harry Potter, and now this......
Well, I liked it. I think it was my favorite one. The beginning did make me a little crazy, but I thought it all tied up nicely in the end. And I am a little sad that it is over. Anyway, let me know how you feel about it when you are done!
? is did you ever finish it?
I've not read any of the series....at least not yet.
Hi! I found your blog through Matt Osmond's, hope you don't mind. I'm in the middle of reading 'Breaking Dawn' and I kind of feel the same way you do. The first 3 books were great, but this one seems a bit rushed. Some of it is a bit far fetched but I'm sticking with it.I've come this far, I might as well see it through. :)
Post a Comment