I have written a post once before about how I came to start a journal as well as the fact that I have continued to write in a journal every night and have done so for the past 15 or so years. To read that entry, you can click here. I am bringing this up again simply because over the past three days I have been reading back in one of my journals from 2003 and some of the things I have written down have made me laugh out loud. Here are a few snippets of things from 2003, things I never would have remembered had I not written them down:
4-16-03: I think the most classic moment today came when Joseph* got into work. I don't think he believes in deodorant or showering. He smells SO bad. The best way to describe his "stench" without being too graphic is to say he smelled like a stale sanitary pad. Yeah - disgusting! Anyway, Mandy* sits right next to him and couldn't take it anymore. She was so ready to puke. I told her there was some air freshner in the back room and she should get it and spray some on his desk when he leaves to the restroom. She didn't dare so she asked me to. The only freshner I could find was this gross citrus stuff. I decided that was better than nothing so I grabbed it and took it to my desk. As soon as Joseph went to the restroom Mandy yelled my name. I grabbed the citrus can, took off the lid and headed to his work station. I held the can at my side so as not to appear too obvious to my other co-workers. As I walked past his chair I gave the can a couple squirts and just kept on walking. No one had any idea I had done anything. Joseph eventually came back from the restroom and he said, while sniffing, "What's that orange smell?" Linda said "I don't know. I think someone ate an orange." Mandy and I were dying. At least we didn't end up hurting anyone's feelings!"
6-13-03: "I spent nearly 4 hours with Natalie, Tyler, Ben and Emily. The boys were adorable. At one time I had to blow my nose & Ben said "Okay, I get you tissue" and he ran into the bathroom. He then handed me some toilet paper & said "Here you go". I said "thank you" and took it from him. It was approximately 1 1/2 squares and barely fit around my nose but I used it anyway...for a two year old he is quite the helper!"
6-21-03: "The afternoon and evening were spent with the kids (Amber and Clayton). They were both so crazy and hyper but they were so cute...at one point during the night Amber told Tricia that she (Tricia) was "worned out" and went to get her new batteries. That had Tricia in tears she was laughing so hard. Those kids really do wear us all out. :)"
6-25-03: "Harry Potter has become this national icon in children's literature and people have been anticipating the next volume for two years. It finally came out Friday night and people stood in lines at midnight just to buy the dumb thing. I haven't read any of the books yet and I am actually refusing to do so...people talk about it like it's real life, 'Oh, poor Harry, he goes through so much and I feel so bad for him!'. Newsflash people - HE ISN'T REAL!"
6-26-03: "Doug* came over tonight and stayed until about 8pm. He had a very funny story to tell. He ran into a girl from one of his past classes on campus the other day. She had lost her keys so he offered her a ride home. He said she's a fairly quiet girl but very nice. When he got to her house she turned to him and said, 'Do you want to have sex?' He said 'What?!?' and then he said, 'uh...no'. Doug was like, 'Can you believe that?'. I said, 'Are you sure it wasn't a dream?' and he said 'No! I'm positive it wasn't!'. Then he said, 'You know how you kind of think up scenarios in your mind so you know how to respond to them?'. I said 'yes' and he said 'Well, that wasn't one I've ever thought up before!'. It was seriously so shocking - but so funny!"
6-29-03: "Mike* called to get directions to the party. We talked for 25 minutes...he asked me if I was dating anyone and I said no. He then proceeded to tell me about this girl that he's been dating for a month now. What caught my attention was when he said he might be getting married. I laughed and said "yeah right!" He said, "she plays the piano just like you...she's a good cook, just like you - I love your cooking'. He loves MY cooking? Perhaps he should have said he loves HER cooking if he is going to marry her!"
Now do you see the benefits of writing in a journal regularly? It's cracking me up! If you guys find this humorous and would like me to share more funny stories from my past, let me know! I might make this a regular blog entry.
*I changed some names to protect identities.
10 years ago
1 comment:
That's hilarious, it brought tears to my eyes!!! I'm so pleased you changed that guys name, I'm not sure anyone would recover from finding out they smell like a stale sanitary pad.
I'd love you to post more entries :)
Post a Comment