October 28, 2009

Marbles, Museums and Crooked Backs...

Here are a couple more stories from my journal that I thought I'd share. I was on vaction with my parents visiting my sister's family in Arkansas at the time.

10-12-03: "Tanner (age 6) put some marbles down his underwear today. When Jeanine got mad and he tried to run from her we couldn't help but laugh - he was jangling all the way to his room as the marbles rattled together in his underpants! ... Then there's Travis. The poor guy threw his back out and can't even walk straight. He's in so much pain and is literally a crooked man. When he was trying to get up from the floor he could barely do it and Jeanine said, 'Maybe you should call in sick to work' and he said, 'I can't crawl in sick!'"

10-13-03: "Today I was trying to explain to Cameron (age 4) that his toy cars were SUV's. He was trying to tell me they were trucks. I said, 'S.U.V.' and he said, "Well, S.U.V. spells truck!'"

10-14-03: "We decided to go to the Wild Wilderness Safari. We drove our car through this zoo thing and the animals came right up to our windows... Cameron was trying to tell us it was a museum we went to, not a safari. He said, 'It's a museum because there were cows there. If there are cows it's a moo-seum!'"

No comments: