March 17, 2008

Oh the Woes...

Story 1: I got home from work one night last week and smelled a horrible stinch coming from the kitchen. All the windows were open airing out the house. My roommate (the one who owns the house) came out of her room and told me that she burned something in the microwave. I had smelled that horrible smell before (a few months back when a co-worker put popcorn in the microwave and put it on for 30 minutes) and I began to have horrible flashbacks. I had no idea what my roommate had burned, but my other roommate came home earlier in the day and said that she found a metal pan sitting in the sink. Oh, please tell me she didn't put a metal pan in the microwave! If she started a fire in the microwave, it's no wonder the house still stinks 5 days later! Seriously, if nobody hears from me after a few days, chances are I either died of carbon monoxide poisoning or else my house burned down with me in it*.

Story 2: Last night while sitting around my parent's house, my nephew came upstairs to tell his dad he cut his finger. In the best whiney voice he could muster he walked up to his dad and said "Daaaaaad, I cut my finger!". My brother-in-law looked at his hand and said "Where?" My nephew said "Right heeeerrrre. It stings really baaaaaaad". His dad looked looked harder and then said "Go ask Grandpa if he has a magnifying glass".

* On a more positive note, my roommate and I did manage to finally get the dryer vent hooked up this weekend so our other roommate (the one who owns the place) would stop using the dryer without a vent. That's one item we can cross off the list of reasons why we might need to call the fire department.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

The woes in deed!