March 10, 2008

A Movie with a Message...

Friday night I went and saw this movie. Overall, I was quite impressed. It was rated PG so definitely one you can take the kids to (if you have kids). Granted, the movie did have it's flaws (they apparently lived in Europe but only one of the actors had a European accent), but if you can get past the flaws you will quickly see the message trying to be portrayed: that it really is possible to love ourselves for who we are. We are all unique individuals and we should never feel that we don't "measure up" to those around us. We should love ourselves no matter what, and we should also love others for who they are and not for what they look like.

If anyone has been debating about whether or not to see it, it is a movie I would recommend. Like I said, it's not perfect and there might be parts that have you scratching your head. But if you don't go into it expecting a blockbuster hit, I don't think you'll be too disappointed. And compared to some of the movies out there these days, this one is definitely refreshing.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

I love Reese Witherspoon, and thought that this movie looked interesting. Thanks for the review and suggestion.