March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Yesterday was Easter and it was such a beautiful day! I went to my parent's house where we had family activities galore. My mom had some activities for the kids, such as making easter bunnies out of ding-dongs and skittles:




Then they had an Easter Egg hunt:




Each kid got to find 10 eggs and there were enough eggs for 9 kids (only 5 of the kids ended up coming), which meant my mom had to hide 90 eggs in that one little room! Overall I think she did a really good job because when the kids couldn't find all their eggs and the adults had to help, we even had a hard time! And it doesn't help when grandma can't remember where she hid them all (but would you if you had to hide 90???). What would she have done had all 17 grandkids been there? Yikes!

The hunt was a lot of fun, but it didn't end there! Each year my mom gets out her special easter basket filled with plastic eggs. Each of these eggs is filled with something that represents the Easter story (a cross, a red robe, a nail, etc). The kids all get to pick two eggs that have numbers on them and when their number comes around they get to read the part of the story that corresponds with what is in their egg (Jesus was nailed to a cross, etc). It's a great activity for children and it's a great way to remember why we celebrate Easter.

Here are the kids as they tell each other (and us adults) the Easter Story:


I love my family, but I also love Easter. I am so grateful for my Savior and for his sacrifice. I am so grateful for the truth and knowledge that I have in my life. I am so grateful that the Savior is always a part of my life. But I am still grateful for this one day each year when I can spend a little more time focusing on the importance of the Atonement in my own life. And I am even more grateful that I can spend time doing it with those that I love the most. Yesterday was just a beautiful day.

No comments: