This post is a few days late in coming, but I couldn't get the pictures until my computer at home was all hooked up. But Saturday was moving day! I actually took Friday off work so I could get things organized before my family showed up at 10am the next day. My mom came and helped and together we hauled a load of stuff to storage and another load of stuff to my new place. Then after she left at 4:00pm I spent until 8:00pm packing more boxes and cleaning out my room. Who knew it would be such a process!
Packing up my old room:

Then Saturday morning I hauled all those boxes out of my room and downstairs so my family wouldn't have to do it. And this way my brother and brother-in-law were able to move the furniture out without having to step over boxes.

I had so many helpers (from ages 3 on up) that were willing to haul stuff. Even if it was "too heavy" the little ones were still involved.

My new room*:

With the help of 11 people, 1 truck, 1 suv, 1 van and 1 car, we had everything hauled out of the old place and into the new place in two hours! Way to go team! So far I am loving my new abode (the big screen TV in the front room is definitely a bonus!)
*
More pictures of the new place are forthcoming.
1 comment:
Don't you just HATE moving! But, it's so nice when it's all done. And it looks like you had a lot of great helpers!
Post a Comment