April 2, 2010

My Lunch...

I took a Lean Cuisine swedish meatball meal to work today, heated it up in the microwave, sat down, took a bite of one of the meatballs and immediately thought of this.


My friend blogged about this show and I decided to check it out. One of the episodes was Jamie Oliver showing elementary aged children how chicken nuggets are made by taking the bone/other unused parts and blending them up in a blender, then making them into a patty and frying them. Sounds delicious, right? He did say they aren't made like that here in America but still...

...I sat there looking at my meatballs for about 2 minutes, feeling my stomach churn inside as I thought of the ground up beef/pork bits they used to make them. I literally wanted to vomit.

So, my lunch got thrown in the garbage today and instead I ate some of this:


I'm hungry.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Sorry you're hungry. I kinda feel responsible...

Jo said...

I hadn't realised Jamie Oliver had invaded the US! That bloke gets everywhere! He has a very strange accent. Do you ever struggle to understand him?

Meat is very expensive over here, so we have a lot of gross chicken nugget type foods (which barely contain any trace of real chicken). I don't like to think too much about what awful things manufacturers put in to our food. I'd never eat anything if I knew! Needless to say I don't eat chicken nuggets, but for lots of families they are part of their everyday meals. It's shocking what some people feed their children.

Give me popcorn over processed meat any day! ;)

Katy said...

We've been watching that show and really like it. And yeah, if we think too much about some of the things we eat, we would probably all be vegan!

Ap said...

Oh I hate when what you brought just doesn't sound good when you go to eat it. Haven't seen that show but anytime you start to think about what exactly you are eating it will probably be thrown out. Don't ever watch how they make hot dogs...I thought it was flooring until they put the casings on.