April 6, 2010

I Knew I was Healthy but...

I signed up for a wellness program at work a few years ago for my health insurance. If we do some biometrics tests and fill out a health quotient once a year, they give us $40.00/month off our insurance. I liked the sounds of that so of course I signed up!

Today was my biometrics testing. Last year my glucose levels were a little high so I tried really hard this year to change my diet and to exercise more and I think it's really paid off!

Glucose level dropped 8 points
Bad cholesterol dropped 9 points
Good cholesterol rose 5 points

That all sounds great right? Well, check this out:

My new BMI (Body Mass Index) = 2.2 *

For those of you who don't know what that means, anything between 18.5 - 24.9 is considered normal weight for an adult. So basically, I barely exist.

I knew I was healthy, but I think that's going a bit far!

*I think it was supposed to say 22, but I'm not sure. I just died laughing.

2 comments:

browneyedgirl said...

nice work!!!

Jo said...

BMI of 22 is brilliant. Well done!

I just noticed your countdown to DC is at 12 days. You must be getting so excited!