I just read this on Yahoo! News...
The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal.
Past research has shown that the body emits visible light, 1,000 times less intense than the levels to which our naked eyes are sensitive. In fact, virtually all living creatures emit very weak light, which is thought to be a byproduct of biochemical reactions involving free radicals.
I find this fascinating! All my life I've been taught that I carry a light within me. The Light of Christ, to be exact. Everyone who is born on this earth is born with this light, because regardless of race or religion we are all children of God. And I was always taught that the Light of Christ is like our conscience...the ability to know the difference between right and wrong, good and evil. I never interpreted the Light of Christ in the literal sense...that our beings would actually glow with the Light of Christ.
But upon further reflection, I'm beginning to see how this could be. When Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove, he said their "brightness and glory defied all description". Their brightness and glory. That to me means they were glowing brilliantly! So brilliantly, in fact, that poor Joseph had to shield his eyes.
So if we are created in the image of God and He glows with this brilliant light, is it not therefore logical that we, His children, would also have some of that light within us? Of course, it would be a much weaker light because we haven't reached our full potential yet. But just the same, it would be there. And perhaps that is why these scientists are saying we emit a "very weak light".
Or then again, maybe it really is just "a byproduct of biochemical reactions involving free radicals". Because that makes complete sense.
Just something to think about.
10 years ago
1 comment:
That's really neat! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment