July 6, 2009

4th of July Adventures...

My friend Kenzi invited a couple of us to go to her parent's house on Saturday to do a little 4-wheeling. It was awesome!!

Mastering the machine:


The last time I was on a big machine was when I crashed a snowmobile down a 100 foot cliff (don't worry, it was covered in snow, not rocks). I was a little nervous to drive but overall I did a good job and it was a lot of fun. I shouldn't mention the trail we went down where I had to make a life altering choice...make the sharp turn or go over the ledge. Luckily I made the turn...but then instantly threw that thing into park and made Jason drive the rest of the way down the steep incline.

This is the pond where we stopped for lunch:


The end of our trip. We were all so dirty and tired. But it was still worth it!


And this is how freakish I looked afterwards. The shower never felt so good!


After we all got home and showered we met up with a few other people for the fireworks!


What a great way to celebrate the 4th...by enjoying our freedoms with great friends. I am so blessed to live in this great country!

2 comments:

Jess said...

It almost looks like you have a unibrow (just in the post four-wheeling pic, not normally). Gotta love the dirt!

I'm glad you had a fun fourth!

Cambu said...

Jess...that is exactly what I told my friends! How ugly! ;)