The cut was horseshoe shaped from the part you see here all the way around through my nail.

Waiting for the numbing gel to take effect which it never did. It was to help make the acutal needle less painful but it didn't help. The needle hurt clear up to the point where my finger started going numb and then it just felt like relief to not be in so much pain.

Four stitches later...and elated over the fact that the doctor decided against ripping my nail off to stitch under it.

All better! I even got a sucker for being such a big girl!
The culprit. It was still sitting on the counter this morning, covered in butter. But surprisingly enough, no blood.
Who knew that a serrated butter knife* could do so much damage. I was only trying to cut some butter. Okay, so maybe the butter was frozen.
But on a happy note, I can now flip people off whenever I want and pretend it was an accident. At least until I take the huge bandage off tonight.
*Apparently there has been some slight confusion about the notion of a serrated butter knife (by the doctor and others). I guess this would technically be called a dinner knife but we called them butter knives growing up. Either way, this is what I sliced my finger open with.
5 comments:
Nice work! At least it will come in handy in traffic!
Ouch! Hopefully it'll heal quickly!
Reading about this makes me shiver!
Being able to flip people off could have it's advantages. You need to make the most of that while you can get away with it.
I can't believe how brave you appear to have been. I'd have been in floods of tears, and the whole world would know of my suffering!
You're a very brave girl and deserved the sucker. Hope you're better soon.
very nasty! hope it's not hurting anymore
um, ouch!
Post a Comment