
My sister Valerie took part in her first ever triathlon on Saturday in Idaho. My mom and dad along with another sister and her husband went to Idaho to support her. She swam, biked and ran the entire thing in 3 hrs 29 minutes. I am in awe over the fact that she did it! She trained for this in only 7 months and though her time was slower than most, I am still so very proud of her! She is an inspiration to me.
Though I didn't make the trek to Idaho to see her, I hope she knows I was cheering for her from the confines of our sister's house where I was watching their three children (so they could go to Idaho). The weekend for me was definitely eventful and absolutely exhausting. I would love to have children, but definitely not three at a time...
I took a few pictures and videos of my weekend with the kids. Once I have time to sit down and go through them, I will post a few. But for now, let me just briefly mention a few of the things from those two days that made me laugh out loud:
1 - My 4 year old niece was drawing me a picture on the etch-a-sketch. She didn't want me to look at it so she went and sat at the kitchen counter and said to me "Don't look at this. While I am drawing it, why don't you look around at all our decorations!" and she motioned toward all the decorations on their walls with her little hand.
2 - My 7 year old nephew wanted to teach me how to play Star Wars on the Wii. He did a very good job of handing me the controller and telling me which person I was supposed to be. But he did very little in explaining how I was supposed to use the controller(s). Basically, the next 30 - 40 minutes went something like this:
"Camille jump! You have to jump!"
"How do I do that?"
"Push A!"
"Camille, you are supposed to fight them."
"All I know how to do is jump!"
"Push B to fight"
"Which one is B?"
"It's on the back"
"Camille, you have to switch to a different person to get up there"
"How do I do that?"
"Push C"
"There's a C? Where is C?"
"It's on the back of the numbchuck"
"The numbchuck? What is that?"
"It's this thing in your other hand"
"This is a numbchuck?"
"Yes. Push C"
"Camille, if you would quit crashing, maybe we'd actually pass this level."
"I'm sorry, I'm just learning how to do this. I can't seem to get past those boulders."
"I can see that."
Needless to say, I wasn't a very quick learner. But then again, I'm not sure I had a very good teacher. But aside from that, the weekend was a blast. We went to a movie, went swimming, had lunch at the park, dinner at McDonald's...it was definitely full of adventure.
1 comment:
That's how I play Wii too!!!
Post a Comment