July 10, 2008

I'm on the John!

I was sitting on the toilet at work when the lady's phone in the stall next to me started ringing. I didn't really care. But then I heard her say "hello?"

This isn't the first time this has happened. But I have yet to figure out how it is considered okay to answer the phone while you are sitting on the toilet in a public restroom? Maybe some people don't really consider using the bathroom "private time", but I do!

In fact, this annoys me so much (probably #1 on my pet peeve list) that now whenever someone is on their phone in a public restroom, I have started making as much noise as possible. Disgusting noises I won't mention here, but also flushing the toilet about 10 times just to make sure the person on the other end of that call understands they are talking to someone who is in the bathroom. Maybe they will be as disgusted as I am and ask if they can call the person back.

Not only is this practice disgusting, but it is also very rude. Nobody needs to hear you pee let alone hear a total stranger pee. It won't kill you to just let the phone ring until you finish your business*.

*I am not referring to any of you lovely people reading this blog, unless you happen to be one of the culprits. In that case, don't let me catch you on the phone in a public restroom.

3 comments:

browneyedgirl said...

Yeah I've heard others too. What a great idea to embarrass them! :) My guess is that it probably happens in the men's room more often. I hate the bluetooth headset gadgets, personally I feel like everyone around is talking to me and I naievely answer them only to sudden realize that they're on the phone with someone else! ahhhh! I'm not going to answer anyone in a public place ever again I think...

Ap said...

Bathrooms are just one big germ fest and phones should never be answered or pulled out in one.

Cammie said...

What? You DON'T talk on your phone on the toilet? What's wrong with you?? Kidding of course, I remember having this conversation with you many times!!