July 17, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Heart...

The other day I was reading a friend's blog where he wrote a post of all the songs he likes that are not cool to like. On this list he put "Total Eclipse of the Heart". When I read that, it brought back a memory of a birthday party I threw for two other guys a little over a year ago. We had about 20 people there and I thought it would be hilarious to pull out the karaoke machine. I told one of the guys that in honor of his birthday, he had to sing us all a song. He chose "Total Eclipse of the Heart" but didn't want to sing it by himself.* So, we all decided to sing it with him.

So, in honor of that moment and to let Matt know that he's not the only guy who likes this song, I am posting a little video clip of all of us belting it out in my living room.** Notice that the guys seemed to get into it just as much as the girls. Therefore, I would venture to say that it's not completely uncool to like this song.***



We did such an amazing job that the neighbors came over and asked us to shut up!

*The birthday boy who chose the song is the one in the video holding the microphone.
** Not all the people in attendance are shown in this video, but most of them were still singing.
***Okay, maybe it is uncool to like this song. Maybe we're all just a bunch of big nerds.

No comments: