I've never been one to have a plethora of friends and I think that is partly because I am shy. It takes me awhile to warm up to people and feel that I can trust them enough to really open up and be myself. Some people view this as being stuck-up or uninterested and so they never really take the time to get to know me.
But despite that, I have to say that I have met some people over the years who have blessed my life in a multitude of ways. I am one who believes that people come into our lives for a reason and it's generally because we need what they can teach us at that particular time in our life. Sometimes they even inspire us to face our fears and reach new heights. I have been extremely blessed to have these types of people in my life. And I have come to cherish them a great deal.
So today I dedicate this post (and the song below) to those friends I've known for a lifetime, those I've known for only a few years, and for those I may have just met.* I want you to know how much you mean to me. I appreciate your friendship more than you could ever know and I thank you for your love, your support, your encouragement, and your trust. Because of you, I have been changed for good.
*If you are reading this post, then you are considered one of these friends. Unless, of course, you just randomly clicked on my blog through someone else's blog and we really don't know each other. In which case, you are welcome to become my friend! Leave a comment and we'll get to know each other.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment