July 22, 2008

That's What She Said...

My sister's family is in town from Arkansas, having arrived here last Saturday morning. Because of this grand occasion, I have spent a lot of time with my family over the past few days (probably too much time). Being surrounded by about 14 adults and 16 children in the course of 3 days is exhausting, but it can also be hilarious. Here are just a few of the funny things either I or other members of my family have said:

"You are as skinny as a twig! I can tell you're skinnier than last year. You've been running!" - my 9 year old nephew talking to me (the one who last year said I was going to have a baby).

"Why is everyone looking at me and laughing?" - my 3 year old niece

"Someone peed on my head. I was not happy" - my brother. Not sure if this is what he actually said, but this is what I heard.

"Oh man! There are none of my mom's cookies left! I guess I'll eat one of these kind. Well, maybe two." - my 5 year old niece.

Conversation between my nephew and me as he's trying to help me play the Nintendo DS:
Nephew: "You need to try and pop the other teams balloons, but don't go over the edge!"
He hands me the DS and about two seconds later:
Me: "Okay. Wait. Why can't I get any of those boxes?"
Nephew: "Because you are dead"
Me: "Dead? How did I die?"
Nephew: "You went over the edge! You can drive around all you want, but it won't help you"
Me: "Why not?"
Nephew: "Because you lost!"
Me: "But I'm still moving.."
Nephew: "It doesn't matter. You're a ghost. You drove over the edge. You're dead. Do you understand? It says it right here, 'you lose'".
Nephew: "She doesn't seem to grasp the concept."

"I put something on my hair a few months ago that completely damaged it. It's recovering now, but for awhile I was afraid it was going to end up like his." - my sister who pointed to her balding husband.

No comments: