Editor's Note: The author of this post had no intention of responding to the man who called her a coward, but after careful consideration she decided to share a few thoughts with him. The following letter is her response.
~~~~~~~~
Dellboy,
I kept telling myself I wasn't going to dignify your message with a response, but I feel you need to hear this and, hopefully, learn something from it.
I have no idea why you would call me a coward. Unless you miraculously figured out that I don't dare jump out of an airplane, I can see no other reason why you would call me such; especially without knowing anything about me. Does sitting behind your computer spewing this stuff off help you feel better about yourself in some way? I personally feel that people, such as you, only resort to this type of activity when they lack the basic language skills to communicate effectively.
Perhaps you were upset because I didn't post the comment you made on my video. Well, the reason for that is because your comment was insulting; not only to me, but to the members of the United States Military. It is one thing to have an opinion, but it’s a completely different thing to insult people because their opinion isn’t in line with your own.
If, in the future, you are able to refrain from the insults and can communicate in a more dignified and respectful manner, perhaps I will then consider posting the comments you wish to make. Until then, they will continue to be deleted.
Sincerely,
Camille
10 years ago
2 comments:
Love it! Brilliantly worded. I wonder if he will respond! I should imagine he is incapable of producing a response to top yours, but would love to see his efforts.
Did you find this cathartic?
Nice. (By the way, if not being willing to jump out of an airplane makes you a coward, then you are not alone....)
Post a Comment